20 November, 2023
Three barnaclínic+ professionals chosen as the best doctors in Spain in the ‘Healthcare Reputational Leadership’ awards
On November 13, the first edition of the “Healthcare Reputational Leadership” was held in Madrid, awards that recognise the institutions and professionals in the health sector with the best reputation in Spain and that are organized jointly by MERCO and the Observatory of health. Among the best doctors in Spain in their respective specialties this year were three barnaclínic+ professionals: Dr Àlvar Agustí, Dr Antonio Alcaraz and Dr Eduard Gratacós, specialists in Pulmonology, Urology and Obstetrics and Gynaecology, respectively.
OTHER BARNACLÍNIC+ PROFESSIONALS AMONG THE BEST DOCTORS IN SPAIN
In addition to these awards, it is worth noting that other professionals who practice at barnaclínic+ have also been nominated as the best doctors in Spain, although they ultimately failed to be awarded. This is the case of Dr Alfredo Adán, of Ophthalmology, Dr Eduard Vieta, of Psychiatry, Dr Francesc Carmona, of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dr Josep Brugada, of Cardiology, Dr Manuel Bernal, of Otorhinolaryngology and Dr Susana Puig, from Dermatology.
WHAT ARE THE “HEALTH REPUTATIONAL LEADERSHIP” AWARDS?
The “Reputational Healthcare Leadership” awards have the main objective of valuing and highlighting the great clinical, research and management efforts made in Spain by doctors, centres and healthcare managers.
The participants were selected using a rigorous, independent and objective methodology, verified by KPMG and by a jury of 35 experts, and those chosen as “best doctors in Spain” were the result of an exhaustive evaluation carried out by Merco, with its monitor MRS, and the Health Observatory.
The awards were divided into three categories: most relevant projects of the Autonomous Communities in the health field, leading hospitals and most reputable medical specialists, the best doctors in Spain. It is in the latter where the three barnaclínic+ professionals have received recognition. In total, professionals from 21 different specialties have been recognised. From now on, the Merco-OdS awards will be awarded annually.
- Senior Consultant of the Insitut Clínic Respiratorio, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and specialist of Neumología barnaclínic+
- Full professor of Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona
- He’s specialist in: Respiratory diseases in general, with a particular interest in asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD): chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
- Head of the Service of Urology and Kidney Transplantation at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Full professor of Urology in the Department of Surgery at the Universitat de Barcelona.
- Global pioneer of robotic and laparoscopic surgical techniques (NOTES and LESS techniques). He’s specialist in Surgical oncology (prostate, kidney and bladder) and Kidney transplant surgery.
- More than 500 annual surgeries for more than 25 years. More than 100 are performed through natural body cavities.
- Director of the Centre of Fetal Medicine at barnaclínic+,and director of BCNatal, centre of maternal-fetal medicine at Hospital Clínic and Sant Joan de Déu.
- Lecturer at the Universitat de Barcelona.
- International pioneer in fetal surgery, he has participated in the design and execution of various types of fetal surgery for the first time in history.
- More than 1500 fetal surgery interventions. Medical Second Opinion on high complexity maternal and fetal pathologies in more than 500 annual cases.