Dr. Salvatore Brugaletta
Languages: Spanish | Catalan | English | Italian
- Consultant of Interventional Cardiology, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
- Associate professor of Cardiology at Universitat de Barcelona
- Board member EuroPCR and Editor-in-chief PCRonline
- Bachelor of Medicine: 2003. Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome, Italy).
- Specialty: Cardiology, 2007. Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (Rome, Italy).
- Fellowship: Interventional Cardiology 2008-2009 Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain; 2010-2011 Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- PhD: Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (2012, Rome, Italy), Erasmus Universiteit Rotterdam (2012, The Netherlands)
- More than 15 years of experience
· Ischemic heart disease, primary and secondary prevention of ischemic heart disease
· Revascularization of high complex coronary lesions
· Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVI)
· Percutaneous treatment of arterial hypertension
· Left appendage closure
· >3.500 annual diagnostic catheterizations for coronary artery disease
· >1.500 annual percutaneous coronary interventions
· >550 annual primary angioplasties in acute myocardial infarction
· Author of more than 300 scientific publications (H index 42)
· 15 book chapters and editor of 1 book
· Participation in more than 200 national and international scientific meetings
· Reviewer of The New England Journal of Medicine, The Lancet, Journal of the American College of Cardiology, European Heart Journal, among others top Cardiology Journals.