Dr. Xavier Freixa Rofastes
- Bachelor of Medicine from the University of Barcelona.
- Specialist in Cardiology at the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona.
- Sub-specialty in cardiac catheterization and interventional cardiology at Toronto General Hospital. University of Toronto.
- Sub-specialty in interventional cardiology and congenital structural abnormalities in adult at the Montreal Heart Institute. University of Montreal.
Areas of interest
- Coronary revascularization of high complexity.
- Closure / repair defects / congenital communications.
- Left atrial appendage closure, repair / replacement aortic and mitral (valve replacement, TAVI, MitraClip).
- Efficacy and safety of left atrial appendage closure.
- Effectiveness of the MitraClip system in patients nonresponders to cardiac resynchronization.
- Impact of coronary artery disease in TAVI.
- Effects of hypothermia on coronary revascularization.