· Areas of interest:
- Cardiovascular diseases and, especially, coronary heart disease: myocardial infarction, chronic angina. In the acute phase, treatment, prevention of complications and control of disease progression.
- Prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease in women and young people.
- Valvular heart disease.
- Heart failure.
· Coordinator of the research group CSR-CARDIO-IDIBAPS of the RIC Cardiovascular Research Network.
· Member of the Cardiovascular Research Group "Atherosclerosis, coronary disease and heart failure" of the Biomedical Research Institute August Pi i Sunyer - Hospital Clínic.
· Member of the Cardiovascular Area of the European Medicines Agency Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Research on the characteristics, causes and prognosis of cardiovascular disease in women and young people.
- Research on coronary restenosis. Evaluation of new treatments for the prevention of recurrence of stenosis after coronary angioplasty or stenting.
- Investigation on the molecular mechanisms involved in atherosclerosis in animal models genetically modified.
- Research in myocardial regeneration after a heart attack.