Dr. Josep Lluís Mont Girbau
Lenguages: Spanish | Catalan | English
· Head of Atrial Fibrillation Unit, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona
· Research Coordinator of Institut Clínic Cardiovascular (ICCV)
· Titular Professor, Universitat de Barcelona
· Certification in Medicine and Surgery (with qualification of "excellent"), Universitat de Barcelona, 1981.
· Research Fellow in Electrophysiology, Maastricht University, 1989-1990.
· Research Fellow in Physiology Maastricht University, 1989-1990.
· PhD in Medicine and Surgery, Cum-Laude, Universitat de Barcelona, 1990.
· Research Fellow in Electrophysiology (Mentor: Pere Brugada, PhD), Onze Lieve Vrouw Hospital Aalst, Belgium, 1990.
· Research Fellow Ablation Training, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany, 1991.
· Clinical electrophysiology.
· Cardiac resynchronization.
· Basic research: Atrial Fibrillation Study in an animal model.
· Ablation of atrial fibrilla.
· Principal Investigator, Coordinator or Member of Steering Committee of around 70 multicenter studies
· He has participated as PI or CI in 56 projects with private or public funding
· Coauthor of more than 370 journal articles since 1984
· 286 with impact factor [IF] in indexed journals
· H-index: 46.