Dr. Xavier Gallart Castany
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Master of Osteosynthesis from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery specialist.
- Associate Professor of Medicine. Department of Surgery at Universidad de Barcelona.
Areas of interest
- Hip surgery.
- Hip preservation surgery.
- Pre-primary, primary and revision hip replacement surgery.
- Computer-assisted surgery systems.
- Hip Resurfacing.
- 2D and 3D surgical planning.
- Line of research on hip replacement surgery. Author of PROSIC prosthesis patent. Prosthesis design consultant for various companies (Smith&Nephew®, DePuy Johnson&Johnson®, Socinser® and Biomet®).
- Research into the development of computer software for hip surgery. Author of hip surgery planning programs (Implanet®).