Dr. Antoni Gual Solé
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Master of Substance Abuse from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Psychiatry specialist.
Areas of interest
- Addictive behavior, particularly heavy drinkers and alcohol dependence, and cannabis, cocaine and smoking addiction.
- Also specializing in the treatment of dual diagnosis (diagnosed with a mental illness and addiction disorder at the same time).
- Use of motivational techniques and group therapy to treat addictive behavior.
- Multiple research projects on alcoholism, including prospective, long-term studies.
- Clinical trials with drugs and psychological treatments to treat alcohol dependence syndrome.
- Epidemiological studies and various European studies on the impact of alcohol on Public Health.