- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Navarra.
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Master of Ischemic Heart Disease from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Cardiology specialist. Hospital where he completed his residency: Hospital Clínic y Provincial Barcelona.
Areas of interest
- Cardiac imaging: Two years of specialized training at the Feinberg Cardiovascular Research Institute, Northwestern University in Chicago on the applications of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Multi-slice Cardiac CT in Cardiology.
- Cardiac intensive care: Attending physician of the Coronary Unit at Hospital Clínic i Provincial de Barcelona. Specialist in the management and treatment of patients with acute coronary disorders.
- Cardiology outpatient specialist within the Specialized Healthcare Reform (Reforma de Atención Especializada - RAE) System. Cardiology outpatient appointments and follow-up.
- Usefulness of non-invasive coronary angiography with multi-slice computed tomography in the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome in the emergency department. Project financed by Instituto de Salud Carlos III, FISETE 2009: PI09/90513. This study compares multi-slice CT scans and stress echocardiography as an initial diagnostic strategy in patients with chest pain and intermediate probability of coronary heart disease in an emergency room setting.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activity in acute myocardial infarction and its association with ventricular dysfunction and remodeling assessed by magnetic resonance imaging. This study assesses the importance of the enzymatic activity of this enzyme in ventricular remodeling assessed by magnetic resonance imaging after suffering an initial myocardial infarction.
- Role of serum biomarkers of cardiac fibrosis and Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging in the prediction of ventricular remodeling and susceptibility to ventricular arrhythmias. Project financed by SIEMENS to assess the serum expression of a wide range of fibrosis and inflammatory markers after acute myocardial infarction and their association with myocardial damage and ventricular remodeling assessed by Magnetic Resonance Imaging.