Dr. Daniel Poggio Cano
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery specialist.
Areas of interest
- Foot and ankle surgery, with special focus on reconstructive surgery, and minimally-invasive foot and ankle surgery (arthroscopy, endoscopy).
- Incorporation of growth factors into cryopreserved chondrocyte culture. Type of participation: Principal investigator. Site: Universidad de Barcelona. Funding: Institut Clínic de l'Aparell Locomotor (ICAL).
- Evaluation of post-operative pain using quantitative sensory testing. Concordance with subjective uni-dimensional assessment methods. Grant awarded within the framework of the Plan Director de Investigación Médica (Medical Research Master Plan) of the Generalitat de Catalunya (Government of Catalonia) through the Agència d'Avaluació de Tecnologia i Recerca Mèdiques (AATRM) for the granting of aid for clinical investigation 2006. Currently in progress in collaboration with the anesthesiology, reanimation and pain management department.
- Efficacy of hyaluronic acid injections for the treatment of rhizarthrosis. Measurement with quantitative sensory and functional tests and subjective scales. Concordance analysis. Pharmacological chondroprotection research grant awarded by SECOT.
- Evaluation of chronic pain in gonarthrosis using quantitative sensory testing. Concordance with subjective uni-dimensional and multi-dimensional pain scales. Site: Hospital Clínic. Barcelona. Period: 2008-2010. Research grant awarded by Johnson&Johnson.