Dr. Andrés Cárdenas Vasquez
LANGUAGES: Spanish | Catalan | English
- Associate Professor of Medicine at Universitat de Barcelona
- Distinguished Fellow - American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (FAASLD)
- Distinguished Fellow - American Gastroenterological Association (AGAF)
- Bachelor in Medicine, 1993 Universidad CES
- Residency in Internal Medicine, 1995-1998 Boston University Medical Center
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine - 2002-2004-2014
- Doctor of Medicine (PhD) - 2015, Universitat de Barcelona
- More than 25 years of experience
- Full Medical License- Spain & Massachusetts (USA)
· Endoscopic retrograde cholangiography (ERCP) and cholangioscopy
· Advanced diagnostic (gastroscopy and colonoscopy) and interventional endoscopy
Areas of interest
· Liver cirrhosis and its complications
· Liver and biliary diseases
· Fatty liver disease
· Interventional endoscopy procedures in patients with liver and biliary disease
· Portal hypertension
· Biliary complications after liver transplantation
- More than 2000 procedures performed per year. Success in >95% (last 5 years)
- Complications in less than 0.1% of cases in gastroscopy and colonoscopy. And less than 5% in ERCP & interventional endoscopy
- More than 190 papers in indexed journals, 85 book chapters
- H index of 34 and a RG score of 46
- Author and Editor of 4 Academic Books
- Invited speaker at over 135 national and international scientific meetings.
- Director and Mentor of 3 Doctoral MD Theses.
- Continuous and competitive public and private funding for national and international research projects.
- Accredited Investigator – Institut d'Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi-Sunyer (IDIBAPS), Spain.
- Accredited Investigator - The Liver and Digestive Diseases Networking Biomedical Research Center CIBEREHD, Spain