· Clinical Professor at the University of Barcelona.
· Doctor of Medicine (PhD) - University of Barcelona
· Masters in Clinical Research - Harvard Medical School y Massachusetts Institute Technology (MIT) Program in Health Sciences and Technology
· Residency in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology - Boston University and Harvard Medical School
· Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology and Hepatology by the American Board of Internal Medicine (www.abim.org)
· Fellow - American Association for the Study of Liver Disease (FAASLD)
· Fellow - American Gastroenterology Association (AGAF)
· Main expertise - liver cirrhosis and its complications, liver and biliary diseases and interventional procedures in these patients including endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), cholangioscopy, gastrosocopy, and colonoscopy.
· More than 15 years of experience; performs approximately 400 ERCP's per year, also performs more than 350 upper gastroscopies per year with band ligation and glue injection of varices.
· More than 150 papers in indexed journals, 75 book chapters and 80 invited lectures in national and international venues.