22 July, 2020
What safety measures have we taken for COVID-19?
At barnaclínic+, the health and safety of our patients and staff is the most important thing. To protect both you and ourselves, and thanks to the experience acquired by the centre in the management of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, we have clearly defined hygiene and protection protocols based on the scientific evidence available. In accordance with these, we have put in place the corresponding safety measures for COVID-19.
Safety measures for COVID-19 defined by a committee of experts from the Clínic
A committee of multidisciplinary experts has reviewed the measures that need to be applied to minimise the risk of COVID-19 contagion. This group is formed from professionals from Grupo Hospital Clínic, a centre of national reference in the management of COVID-19. Therefore, experts in Preventative Medicine, Occupational Risk Prevention and other relevant services, have defined the measures that have led us to carry out the following actions:
- We have established measures of cleanliness and disinfection for all facilities, and have standardised the protocols to assure their application.
- We make use of the appropriate personal protection equipment and conduct periodic COVID-19 detection PCR tests.
- Our medical and nursing professionals have been trained and are prepared to apply all hygiene and safety measures.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU…
Adaptation of spaces to prevent contact and respect safe social distancing
Regarding the adaptation of spaces to respect the social distancing requirements for COVID-19, we have put in place the following measures:
- The purchase and installation of hydro-alcoholic solutions.
- A review of all spaces to guarantee their capacity limits.
- The withdrawal of all shared use objects.
- The provision of informative materials with hygiene and safety recommendations.
- Performing a PCR test for all patients who have to be admitted, or undergo surgery.
Recommendations in case you have an appointment or a surgery
If you have an appointment or are due to undergo surgery, we recommend:
As far as posible, try to come alone. If you have to come accompanied, we will take the necessary measures to ensure the safety of you and your companion.
Arrive five minutes early.
Always wear a face mask and wash your hands frequently.
If you have to be admitted, we advise that you only bring one companion and that they remain only within your room.
In some cases, we will take your temperature when you arrive.
We recommend that you respect safe social distance.
Finally, payment is to be made by card only.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU…
We continue working to ensure that we can offer our services with maximum security and minimum risk, for you and for our staff. We will continue reviewing our protocols and adapting them to changes in the situation.
“At barnaclínic+, your health is our priority”