Dr. Víctor Obach Baurier
Languages: Spanish | Catalan | English | French
· Consultor in Neurology
· Associated Professor, Universitat de Barcelona.
Seleccione el servicio que desea:
· Bachelor in Medicine, Universitat de Barcelona, 1991.
· Specialist in Neurology (1993-1996)
· Fellowship: Stroke Unit, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona (1998-2003), Stroke Unit, Universitäts Klinikum Heidelberg (2000).
More than 27 years of experience
· Neurology (1993-1997)
Areas of interest
- Headaches, neuralgia and cranial refractory algias; diagnosis and treatment of migraine. Botulinum toxin and anesthetic blockages. Surgery indication
- Cerebral vascular pathology: diagnosis of stroke, treatment of infarction and cerebral hemorrhage, of stenosis of the carotid and vertebral artery.
- Ultrasound of the carotid, vertebral and cerebral arteries
- General neurology: memory loss, instability and gait disorder, epilepsy, loss of strength or sensitivity
Publications (nationals and internationals): 67
Book chapters: 4
Scientific meetings (nationals and internationals): 9
- Determine factors associated with the response to treatments (botulinum toxin, anti CGRP antibodies)
- Functional neuroimaging tests (fMRI, PET) applied to the study of the activation circuits of different types of headache
- Factors associated with the good prognosis in basilar artery thrombosis
- Genetic risk factors in cerebral vascular pathology