Dr. Antoni Castells Garangou
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Master of Biostatistics from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- GI specialist.
Areas of interest
- Gastrointestinal Oncology, especially polyps and colorectal cancer.
- Prevention of colorectal cancer, fundamentally in high-risk groups based on personal or family history.
- Director of the Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Oncology Group of IDIBAPS and CIBEREHD. *Principal investigator of the line of research entitled 'Prevention of colorectal cancer; screening, monitoring and hereditary forms'