- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Navarra.
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad de Navarra.
- Clinical EEG and epilepsy fellowship at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland-Ohio (USA).
- Neurology specialist.
Areas of interest
- Epilepsy in adults and children.
- Medical treatment and pre-surgical evaluation of refractory epilepsy.
- Treatment of epilepsy in women.
- Video EEG monitoring with surface electrodes and invasive electrodes.
- Functional neuroimaging tests (ictal SPECT, SISCOM and interictal and ictal EEG-fMRI) used to localize the epileptogenic region before epilepsy surgery.
- Minimization of adverse effects and quality of life in epileptic patients.
- Status epilepticus: radiological treatments and clinical features.