· Bachelor of Medicine: 1992. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
· PhD: 1998. Universitat de Barcelona. Ischemia-reperfusion injury. At UCLA, CA.
· Specialty: Cardiovascular surgery 1997. Universitat de Barcelona.
· More than 15 years of experience. On call every Monday and one weekend every month for all emergent cardiac surgery
· More than 150 interventions a year
· Minimally invasive cardiac surgery. Thoracoscopic Surgery PortAccess
· Repair of the mitral and aortic valve and surgery for atrial fibrillation
· Thoracic aortic surgery and Marfan's disease - Root replacement with valve preservation
· Pulmonary thromboendarterectomy for the treatment of thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
· Mechanical device for circulatory assistance and heart transplant
· Mortality <1% in the hospital and 30 days in elective surgery
· Complications: <1% postoperative stroke, <1% mediastinitis / sternal dehiscence, <3% reoperation for hemorrhage
· Author of 65 peer-reviewed scientific publications referenced in Pub Med
· Participation in more than 40 national and international scientific meetings.