- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- Specialist in Cardiovascular Surgery (MIR) in the Hospital Clínic of Barcelona
- Following a year as Senior Resident at Herzzentrum Bad Oeynhausen, Germany, Dr. Castella was Research Fellow from 2000 to 2002 at the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at University of California Los Angeles (UCLA).
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona.
- Associate Professor of Surgery in the University of Barcelona.
Areas of interest
- Heart surgery.
- Heart transplant.
- Heart valve and coronary artery disease.
- Atrial fibrillation surgery
- Atrial fibrillation