Dr. Eduardo Bataller Sánchez
- Associate Professor of Medicine at UB
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona 1989
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona 2000
- Obstetrics and Gynecology specialist. Hospital Vall d'Hebron 1990-1993
Areas of interest
- Pelvic floor dysfunction is a new, relatively recent, multi-disciplinary, specific area of training that covers three main areas of gynecology: urinary incontinence, genital prolapse and chronic pelvic pain.
- Since 1995, this specific area has been developing new treatments and surgical techniques to correct these problems in women.
- Founder of the pelvic floor units at Hospital Parc Taulí de Sabadell and Hospital General de l' Hospitalet del Llobregat.
- Pioneer in Spain and Portugal of new surgical techniques for correcting both prolapse and urinary incontinence, with excellent results.
- Study of no-incision anti-incontinence surgeries with tension-free vaginal tape
- Prospective, randomized studies to compare genital prolapse reconstruction with minimally-invasive vaginal mesh and colposacropexy with mesh.
- Phase III, multi-center studies of new anti-incontinence drugs.