Dr. Jordi Rumià Arboix
Languages: Spanish | Catalan | English | French
· Senior Specialist in Neurosurgery
- Bachelor in medicine: 1987 Universitat de Barcelona
- PhD: 2018 Universitat de Barcelona
- Post-Specialty Training:
· 1994 Neurosurgery of Epilepsy at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (United States)
· 1994 Neurosurgery of Movement Disorders at CHU Grenoble Alpes (France)
Full dedication to the implementation and development of the Functional Neurosurgery Program since 1995.
· Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery: Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) and Magnetic Resonance guided Focused Ultrasound (MRgFUS) for the treatment of movement disorders: Parkinson disease, Dystonia, Spasticity, Tremor,
· Epilepsy Surgery: Amygdalohippocampectomy, Implantable devices (DBS, VNS), Corpus Callostomy, Cortical Mapping, Hemispherotomy, Strereo-Electroencephalography (SEEG), robotic assisted surgery.
· Average 100 Movement disorders and Epilepsy surgeries/year.
· <2% complication rate
- Author of more than 80 national or international indexed scientific publications
- Participation in more than 150 national and international scientific meetings