Dr. Antonio Alcaraz Asensio
Languages: Spanish | Catalan | English
· Head of the Service of Urology and Kidney Transplantation at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
· Full professor of Urology in the Department of Surgery at the Universitat de Barcelona.
· IDIBAPS Investigator (Institut de Recerca Biomedica Agusti Pi Suñe). University of Barcelona Medical School.
Seleccione el servicio que desea:
· Bachelor of Medicine: 1983 Universitat de Barcelona.
· PhD: 1987 Universitat de Barcelona.
· Specialty: Urology, 1988 Universitat de Barcelona.
· Fellowship: 18 months, 1993-1994 Mayo Clinic Rochester.
More than 30 years of experience.
· Global pioneer of robotic and laparoscopic surgical techniques (NOTES and LESS techniques).
· Surgical oncology (prostate, kidney and bladder).
· More than 500 annual surgeries for more than 25 years. More than 100 are performed through natural body cavities.
· World's first transvaginal nephrectomy (2007).
· World's first transvaginal kidney extraction due to a tumor (2009).
· World's first robotic transvaginal kidney transplant (2015).
· First uterus transplant in Spain (2020).
· Author of more than 170 national and international scientific publications and 17 book chapters.
· Invited to numerous European and North American universities. He gives an average of 50 international conferences per year.