· Graduate in medicine and surgery. Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil, Ecuador.
· Medical Degree at the Universitat de Barcelona.
· Specialist in Digestive System. MIR training. Hospital Universitari Vall d´Hebron.
· Advanced Endoscopy Fellowship. Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
· Clinical Research Fellow in Endoscopy. IDIBAPS
AREAS OF INTEREST:
· Digestive Endoscopy: Gastroscopy / Colonoscopy
· Advanced endoscopy of PEG placement, varix ligation, complex polypectomies, hemostasis techniques, prosthesis placement, stenosis dilatation, Argon-beam lesion treatment, among others.
· Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP (cannulation, sphincterotomy, extraction of calculi, placement of prosthesis, etc.).
· Endoscopic capsule technique and echoendoscopy.
· Treatment of Barrett's esophagus with mucosectomy and radiofrequency ablation.
· More than 10 years of experience.
· Performing approximately 150 retrograde cholangiograms per year.
· Performing more than 900 annual gastroscopies and more than 1600 annual colonoscopies.
· 7 research projects.
· More than 50 publications, national and international, and book chapters.
· 15 national and international conferences.
· More than 100 presentations in national and international congresses.