· More than 30 years of experience
· Pioneer in Spain in the endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysms
· Member of the most prestigious scientific societies related to vascular surgery around the world
· He is Expresident of the European Society for Vascular Surgery (ESVS)
· He is president of the American Society of Angiology (Spanish Section)
· He is vicepresident of the ISVS (International Society for Vascular Surgery)
· He is founder and president of the Endovascular Foundation
· Endovascular aortic surgery: Treatment of abdominal and thoracic aortic diseases (aneurysms and dissection) using endoprostheses and catheterization techniques.
· Endovascular and vascular surgery of extremities: open or endovascular surgical techniques for the treatment of limb ischemia and diabetic foot.
· Aortic arch surgery: Conventional and endovascular treatment of blocked extracranial cerebral arteries such as the carotid arteries.
· Treatment of leg varices: prevention and surgical and cosmetic treatment of venous insufficiency and its complications, such as varicose veins and spider veins of the legs. Microphlebectomy, microfoam sclerotherapy.
· Vascular malformations: Combined treatment of tumors, angiomas and various angiodysplasias.
· Endovascular treatment of aortic aneurysms: new prostheses for different pathologies of the aorta, both thoracic and abdominal.
· New materials for the treatment of ischemia: new endovascular elements and pharmacological treatments against chronic ischemia of the lower extremities.
· Gene and cell therapy in vascular pathology: Therapy with biosynthetic growth factors and autologous stem cells for the creation of new blood or lymphatic vessels and / or their repair.
- More than 350 International scientifc papers
- More than 70 book chapters
- More than 400 International talks at international scientific meetings and conferences
- Cumulative impact factor of 144