Dr. Antonio de Lacy Fortuny
LANGUAGES: Spanish | Catalan | English
· Head of the Gastrointestinal Service at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
· Chief of Minimally Invasive Surgery at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
· Professor with Tenure of Surgery and Surgical Specialties at the Universitat de Barcelona.
· IDIBAPS Investigator (Institut de Recerca Biomedica Agusti Pi Suñe).
· Bachelor of Medicine: 1980 Universitat de Barcelona.
· PhD: 1987 Universitat de Barcelona.
· Specialty: General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, 1987 Universitat de Barcelona.
· More than 30 years of experience.
· Global pioneer of robotic and laparoscopic surgical techniques (NOTES and LESS techniques).
· Oncological Surgery (colon and rectal cancer, esophageal and stomach cancer, metastasis treatment - surgical resection, radiofrequency, etc. -, pancreas cancer, liver tumours).
· Pioneer in use of the Cecil Approach (simultaneous robotic transabdominal and transanal approach to removal of rectal cancer).
· More than 17.000 surgeries for more than 25 years.
· More than 95% of the annual surgeries are performed through natural body cavities.
· More than 400 colorectal surgery performed with TaTME technique.
· First laparoscopic and thoracoscopy approach to oesophageal cancer
· First laparoscopic approach to live kidney donation
· Founder member of AIS Channel (Advances in Surgery)
· Author of more than 175 national and international scientific publications and 19 book chapters.
· Invited to more than 120 national and international events. · Participation in more than 320 national and international scientific meetings.