Dr. Joaquim Fernández Solà
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Master of Hospital Administration from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Internal Medicine specialist
Areas of interest
- Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
- Chemical and environmental sensitivity
- Organic disease related to alcohol consumption
- Member of the Neuroscience Area of IDIBAPS since its foundation.
- Research fellow in Neurology, McGill University, Canada, 1989.
- Member of the consolidated group for Muscle Research of the Internal Medicine Department of Hospital Clinic.
- Member of the Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Expert Committee, CATSALUT.
- Member of the Scientific Committee for Clinical Medicine and the Fundación para la Fibromialgia y el Síndrome de Fatiga Crónica.
- Research on clinical and basic aspects of the pathogenesis of alcohol-related muscular and neurological disorders and also clinical, genetic and pathogenic aspects of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome