Dr. Josep Riba Ferret
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Universidad de Barcelona (1978).
- Doctor of Medicine from the Universidad de Barcelona (1983).
- Various Master's degrees from the Universidad de Barcelona.
- Hip specialist.
- Associate Professor at Universidad de Barcelona.
Áreas de interés
- Minimally-invasive surgery (smaller incision, less bleeding, faster rehabilitation, shorter hospital stay).
- Hip resurfacing. More anatomical prosthesis for young patients with better mobility and better post-operative recovery and easier revision, if necessary.
- Navigation in hip replacement surgery (allows better placement of implants which results in better function with fewer complications and less probability of revision).
- Home hospitalization. Allows the patient to spend the post-operative period at home with the same safety as in the hospital, reducing complications due to hospital stay.