· Associate Professor of Surgery at the Universidad de Barcelona.
· Accredited by ANECA as Full Professor of the University.
· Young Investigator Award, American Transplant Congress, 2003-2005.
· Young Investigator Award, Congress of the Transplantation Society, 2004.
· Codman Surgical Research Prize, Longmire Surgical Society, Los Ángeles, California, EEUU, 2004.
· Beca del American College of Surgeons. International Guest Scholar, 2008.
· ILTS Vanguard Award, International Liver Transplantation Society, 2009.
· Premio Nacional de Cirugía, Asociación Española de Cirujanos, 2012.
· July - September 1995, Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA: Collaborating Visitor in clinical and experimental programs for pancreas transplantation (Prof. D.E.R. Sutherland and Prof. R. Gruessner).
· June 1999, Hospital of Brest (France): Stayment to learn immunohistochemical techniques to perform the assessment of tumor angiogenesis in gastric cancer.
· March 2002 - June 2004, The Dumont-UCLA Transplant Center, Los Angeles, California, USA: Visiting Fellow and Fulbright Fellow in the Liver Transplant Program and Researcher at the Liver Transplant Research Laboratory.
· June 2004 - December 2012, Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, Spain: Specialist in the Unit of Liver Surgery and Transplantation, ICMDM.
· December 2008, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA: Official Observer in the Hepatopancreatobiliary Service, Department of Surgery.
· January 2009, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA: Official Observer in the Liver Transplant Division.
· CURRENTLY: Hospital Clínic, Barcelona, Spain: Consultant in the Unit of Liver Surgery and Transplantation, ICMDM.
· Principal Investigator in 8 Research Projects
· Participation as Collaborator in other 8.
· Articles in Scientific Journals: 123. Total citations: 3231.
· Accumulated Impact Factor: 335,818. Index h: 29
· Book Chapters: 21
· Invited lectures in national and international courses: 148.
· Reviewer of 31 indexed scientific journals. He has been member of the Editorial Committee of the journals Liver Transplantation and Transplantation.