· Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Granada (1998-2004).
· Specialist in Ophthalmology (MIR) at the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona (2005-2009).
· Fellowship in oculoplastic surgery, lacrimal and orbital in London for two years (2010 and 2013).
· Associate Professor of Ocular Pathology at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) from 2007 to 2009, Professor of Ophthalmology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona (UB) since 2010.
· Tutor of residents of Ophthalmology.
AREAS OF INTEREST:
· Alterations of the ocular surface (dry eye, conjunctivochalasis).
· Diseases of the eyelids and eyelashes.
· Tear Pathology (tearing and infection). Lacrimal surgery.
· Diseases of the orbit (thyroid orbitopathy). Surgery of the orbit.
· Evisceration and enucleation. post-trauma reconstruction.
· Cosmetic surgery and cosmetic surgery around the eyes (blepharoplasty, midface lift, brow lift, botulinum toxin - Botox ®), chemical facial peel, rejuvenation techniques.
· More than 100 presentations at national and international conferences.
· Author of numerous articles in scientific journals and several books.
· Orbitopathy thyroid new treatments.
· Eye involvement in multiple sclerosis.
· Blepharospasm and other cranial dystonia.